Friday, December 19, 2014

Signs and symbols

Just three more posts and we are coming to the end of Reverb14 hosted by Kat McNally. Today's prompt is all about signs and symbols
Today, I invite you to consider: what sorts of signs and symbols have recurred for you in 2014? Think: repeating colours, shapes, people, sayings, music, images, ideas. Where could they possibly be leading you?
I CAN NOT think of any... I rarely dream due to sleepless nights, and really nothing unusual is repeating... Well, no there is something. At the end of July I was flying from Toronto to Whitehorse with a little layover in Victoria. Since I had couple of hours to kill I went with friends for lunch. They chose a lovely restaurant by the ocean and then it happened... It was a lovely sunny day, I took a deep breath and the smell of the ocean reminded me of home. The feeling was so strong and did not want to go away. Next day I tell Freddy about that feeling and then things start falling in place. Mom needed a warmer climate, the real estate prices were right and so on. In September we came to Vancouver Island just to have a look, three days later we made an offer and a month later we were on the road moving. As of today I'm still recovering from that move, keep unpacking and organizing not paying much attention to any signs. But (there is always a but) next year I'm starting a journal where I'll be recording all my dreams (if there will be any), hunches etc. But wait, I do not have to wait for January 1st to start this project. There is absolutely nothing stopping me from starting today.
Whatsoever thou resolvest to do, do it quickly. Defer not till the evening what the morning may accomplish. — Unto Thee I Grant.
I think this is a beautiful quote - maybe I should stitch it... Yeah, I think I will design a sampler.

So long my friends,
Evalina

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I have any repeating signs. I have seen a few quotes and have thought of designing a sampler. My home in KY was very symmetrical and would make a good stitched house. Maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been keeping a diary since the January of the year I turned 11. It's fascinating to go back and read what I wrote as things were happening compared to what I remember. Enjoy your journal - I think you'll be surprised, perhaps even amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't noticed any signs, but blessings do seem to just drop in my lap when least expected. I love that. For instance: I was not looking to buy a lake house, but in the span of one week I saw a house on the internet, made an appointment to go see it, made an offer 2 hours later (which was accepted less than a half hour after we made it) and was the owner one month later. Hope you enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the smell of the ocean changed your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Evalina this fills me with delight! And what a fabulous sampler I'm sure you'll create with that quote. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you. There are signs all around us all the time....most times we are too use to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspirational quote, one I'd probably be taking to heart as a Princess of Procrastilandia. Looking forward to your creative sampler. I can't think of any specific signs (good or bad thing?!) but maybe they are whispering to get a move on some of my ideas. Silly signs, they must beat me over the head if they're to accomplish anything. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.