For quite some time now I was thinking about leaving our office and starting my own business. During our 'cold days' in November and December when temperatures dropped below -30 and I was stuck at home, I've got a taste of being my own boss. I have few clients for whom I provide bookkeeping and accounting services. Yeah, I know - the data entry is not the most exciting thing but I do create reports and financial statements, provide analysis and calculate taxes too! To tell you the truth, the bottom line - I liked it. I liked it a lot!
Couple of days ago I've got brave and talked to my boss. It was hard. I was his first employee and I worked there over 5 years. I'm glad that the conversation is behind me. It went smooth and there was no drama. Next Friday is my last day of 9 to 5 job and a first day of freedom (and hard work)! What that means? Well, let's see:
- no more two-hour drive to/from work (I can spend 2 more hours stitching every day [smile])
- I can wear perfume again
- I'm very independent and not the best team player - problem solved, the only team is me!
- I can stitch during my lunch hour
- I had flexible hours, so no change here
- no more steady paycheques but sky is the limit on earning potential
- now I have to find my own clients but with December 31 and tax season just around the corner I don't think that it will be a problem
another motif completed
So far I'm a good girl, no more 'new starts' until something gets finished. Now, back to stitching!
So long my friends,