Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekly Reflections

Thanks to Deborah I came across scattered life collective. I liked what I was reading so I joined and from now on you can read my story on a weekly basis.

State of Being


I've survived my big birthday! It was hard but I did it. I also made some major career changes. Until now I did accounting full time and I had a 'secret life' of a beauty consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics. After 20 years or so I've realized that being a beauty consultant makes me feel like a million $$, makes me happy - on the other hand - accounting doesn't make me happy, just pays the bills... Well, I decided to be MK beauty consultant full time and do accounting just part time (for now). Let's see where that will lead me.

Wednesday I'm leaving for MK Seminar in Toronto and I'm so excited! Four days filled with classes, demonstrations (my favorite one is with the makeup artist) and, of course, a Gala Night. Gala night is awesome - it is almost like the Academy Awards but better. Instead of Oscars consultants are awarded with cars, diamond jewellery, exotic trips, money - next year I'll be on the stage collecting some of the rewards, cross my heart. After all, sky is the limit.  Here is a little  promo clip from the upcoming event.


Stitching
I haven't stitch much last week... this is progress on a new start called 'Courage' from Little House Needleworks




Good things

  • Finally I met Janet. We know each other for a while through the blogland, it was a treat to meet her in person. Here we are, I'm wearing beautiful shawl made by Janet.

  • birthday presents
  • clean up my desk
  • Frosty got her annual vaccination
  • Less bugs this summer
  • Blue sky and sunshine
  • A little rain and a free 'car wash'
So long my friends,
Evalina

14 comments:

  1. I send you lots of support and encouragement as you pursue your income change of direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart woman. If you don't enjoy how you earn your living, what's the point? Good luck with the new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your new choice. "You never do a day's work if you enjoy what you do"! Enjoy your trip and seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your new adventure Evalina. Great new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend who is sold out to MaryKay... she has earned two cars over the past two months... She love it. Go for it girl! Looks like a blast. Your stitchery looks wonderful.. I love meeting new people.. You look great! Stay busy....enjoy your life.. Have a great week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reach for the stars , you can go a long way .
    Enjoy your new life .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you all the best with your new career choice :) I truly hope it goes well for you & makes you happy!
    Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you making the change! If you are not happy not doing what you are doing, life is not fun. I wish you the best of luck. Courage is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes with your career change! Always best to do what you love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beau debut de broderie et je vous souhaite bonne chance avec votre travail Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on shifting into something that makes you happy. What a great way to celebrate that milestone birthday! Love your stitching. Glad you're playing in the Scattered Life Collective, and hope you have a most wonderful time at your seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your change in direction careerwise. I really hope it works out for you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.