Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kindness challenge - week one

Last week (my first week in the challenge) my focus was on being kind and mindful to myself. To my surprise it went very well. Not even once I was angry with myself. Every morning I spent a few minutes meditating and stretching my muscles. I paid attention to feeding my body with enjoyment and taking care of it. I went for a short road trip. I even stitch some! Look, I have finished Santa #4 and #5, right now I'm working on Santa #6.

 

And this is the whole project with four Santas done.


It looks like I will work on Santa's 12 days of Christmas for some time (until it is done!) and then I think I will go back to another lovely project that I started during Super Duper Crazy Challenge 2015
called Honest, kind and good. It will fit well with my kindness challenge.

So long my friends,
Evalina

16 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching. I like the sound of being kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I love how you focused on yourself both mind and body. I'm so glad that you were so mindful of yourself :) I hope that you continue to be mindful of yourself regularly. Thanks again for participating, have a great rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have it all under control. The Santa project looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely update on your little Santas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to hear the first week of challenge went well. Your stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Evalina for taking charge of your life. Congrats on the Santa finishes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the first week of the challenge went well. Good for you! And the Santas look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching and uplifting post.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle avancé bravo Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching !! That's a great thing to be kind to yourself. I will try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for having a wonderful kind-to-yourself week Evalina! And your stitching is lovely as always. It'll be fun to see you working on Honest, Kind and Good piece as well. I took a peek to see what it looks like, and I think it should have a subtitle: Beauty Given, Patience and Hard Work Required. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nurturing the self with kindness. How lovely.
    Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with taking care of yourself and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to be kind to oneself. Your Santas are precious!
    Barbara, blogging at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy that you are enjoying the kindness challenge. I agree we need to be more kind to each other but the first step is the self.

    And your Santa's are absolutely amazing. The colours look so rich against that beautiful linen.

    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.