Saturday, July 18, 2009

On the second day of my birthday...

I received second gift package from Deborah! Thank you so much, you are such a sweetheart. In the package I found three awesome charts: Winchester Mystery House (San Jose, California) Powell & Hyde St. Cable Car, and Golden Gate Park Conservatory. Both themes are from San Francisco, a city where I have lost my heart. I hope that one day I will just jump in the car and go straight down to the south...


And here are couple of items that need a special recognition: a scissor fob and a cupcake. Just look on the extra fine stitching on both of them. The fob is stitch on linen or evenweave, very small count (I think 32) over 1. I even can't see the cross stitch, just little points... This masterpiece was stitched by Heidi from Idaho Falls. Thank you Heidi, I absolutely love it!


The cupcake was stitched also on evenweave with a very small count (I think 32) but over 2 so I can see the cross stitch and it has beads in the cheeks! It surely puts a smile on my face. That piece of art was stitched by Rene from Las Vegas. And do you see the fob for the needle? I love it and use it to count threads in the fabric. Thank you so much Rene.

8 comments:

  1. Great photo! I didn't get to see them very well on the video! And lovely gifts from Deborah. I have a couple of houses by that designer and haven't done one yet! Not enough time...isn't that what we always say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Lovely, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts. Glad you had a great birthay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stitched pieces are fantastic, they both did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful birthday gifts. Watching your video was such fun! What a great idea Evalina. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like everything. You got me hooked on the Debbie Patrick designs,I was looking for yours and got me one too-I got winchester house.The bag of floss I sent is all the floss you'll need for your house-Enjoy.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked your cupcake. It's the kind you can have when on a diet, it has NO calories hehehe

    Let me know when you head for San Francisco and I'll meet you there with bells on. It is my favorite city too and I had so much fun when I lived there. Oh the stories I could tell but won't hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you liked the scissor fob! It is 28 count over 1 using different overdyed thread. I don't remember which one. I didn't realize I had so much purple until I started to pick a color!
    Happy Birthday!
    heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.