Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016

Six more hours and 2016 will be gone forever. As always there were some ups and downs and, for some unknown reason, I'm looking into 2017 with real excitement.

Last January I started the year with minimalism challenge. The idea was to remove what wasn't adding value in to my life and to make room for stuff that is. And let me tell you -I have so much room now that I must to start 2017 with maximalism challenge (if such thing exists).

Definitely I have a lot of room for more love, more compassion, more friends, more money, more finishes, more fun, practically more of everything. I read very few books this year (just 33) and I made very few blog posts (56). Can you agree that I have plenty of room for more?

I'm not setting any goals and I'm not making any resolutions. Instead I'm making an action plan!

As for the stitchy part... I DID IT!!! I finished sixth page of my Guardian Angel and I'm ready to start another one. Here is the finished page:


So long my friends,
Evalina

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding us that we all have more room for the wonderful things you mentioned. I'm not a resolution person but If I was, I would just use your list for adding things to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year.
    You already accomplish lots so give yourself credit for that. Reading more than 30 books while keeping up with very fine needlework and Life itself is excellent. Don't forget that you inspire a lot of other people to persevere when the going gets tough. It's supposed to be tough, that is why the really tough live so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of your action plan - much less punishing than resolutions! Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the page finish Evalina.

    Happy New Year,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a much better idea than resolutions, they really are way to restrictive. Yay for the page finish. Have an exciting and productive 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you my friend. It sounds like you did a great job last year with your cleaning out and all. Isn't it great to have more room! Your finish is lovely. I finished my Quaker Diamonds and am so happy with it. Going to watch for a coupon to save some on the framing before I take it in. I loved stitching it. I've made two resolutions for this new year. First is to putter more. I get so much done just puttering in the house. The secondis to walk, hike and camp. My sister and I plan on doing the Appalachian Trail together in 2018, so this is the year to prepare our bodies and our minds for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the page finish!

    There is definitely room in life for more of everything! I am planning on sorting the house out this year on a similar vein. I have so much 'stuff' that is not necessary in my life. Good luck and happy new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a gorgeous page finish! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay congrats on finishing the page on time! Great outlook for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you're looking at the new year, Evalina! Congratulations on finishing nother page of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo la broderie est très belle bon dimanche Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.