Wednesday, November 12, 2014

bears and some stitching

I've lived on the north for ten years, I have seen many bears but they never bothered me. I'm in Port Alberni just three weeks and we are having an 'issue' with bears. Just look at our fence
Do you see how is leaning towards walkway? Well, the neighbour said that's from bears claiming over. It was kind of hard to believe but I found an evidence
I guess we will have to replace that fence some day... make something taller and stronger... any ideas? I kind of like this one, looks so cool but I'm not sure how it will work with bears...

And on the stitchy site - I work yesterday on 'Forget Me Not' by Nancy , here is the progress:
The picture doesn't show all the beauty. The fabric isn't gray, it's a beautiful light blue 28 ct 'Forget me not' Jobelan and the floss is gorgeous 'Ocean Waves' by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. I hope some day I will be able to capture right colours. Today I'll work on my Jingle, I'm kind of in a Christmas mood (I have no idea why, maybe Nancy's Christmas Spirit is contiguous?)

So long my friends,
Evalina


10 comments:

  1. That fence with skis is so funny! Your new WIP is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty new project you've chosen! Blue is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ski fence is neat. So is your new sampler. The bears, however, not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bear situation sounds a little scary Evalina. I think I'd put up a fence with barbed wire on top. Nice progress on your sampler.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a bear in the wild , but at a distance ha.

    Your stitching is looking lovely , yes I am in a Christmas mood I have been watching a few Christmas films this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! You had a bear on your fence!!!
    I love bears but that looks a little bit too close for comfort :D
    Fantastic new start, the colour of the thread is just yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growing up in the Smokeys bears are ever present--I had one close encounter and that was enough for me. The ski fence is over the top clever. Be diligent and stitch on

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is rather ironic about the bears and your fence, isn't it? Love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, bears! We don't have any large wildlife here, a few deer nibbling the shrubs is the most ferocious we get!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.