Friday, January 24, 2014

Stitch from stash

January was a great month, I bought only one chart! Rovaris had a new chart, a lovely horse and since we are having Chinese new year and this year is a year of a horse, and it is my birthday year (yeah, I am a wooden horse) I decided to stitch some horses, and I couldn't say no to this one

I have a fabric and floss in my stash for this project so really this month I spent only 19.62 Canadian (13 EUR). If I round this up to $20 - I have $5 that I can carry over to the next month.
stash and the start
 In January I participated in Crazy Challenge. I did 15 more new starts, all from stash. Stay tuned to see them 'grow'.

To see what others are stitching from stash click here

So long my friends,
Evalina



15 comments:

  1. The horse is lovely and what a great start you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done :) My SFS report has just been posted too! Lovely new start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great new project!!!! My SIL would love this, she's just a horse crazy person :) I'll have to keep this designer in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's a very pretty design. I have one of their dog pieces. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Evalina! What a great start you made already too. I love using Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe floss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching! Just gorgeous! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on sticking to the budget! Me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny. You budget like my mom, except she did it on the backs of envelopes! Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I havent done cross stitch for many many years but Id have felt obliged to buy that pattern too, its lovely and captures the spirit of horses too. Lovely stitching.
    Do I take it you limit yourself to a $25 a month spend whilst using up stash?
    I should try that myself lol
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful start! You are doing great on your stash diet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start! This is a fabulous design and I'm looking forward to watching your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were doing great in January, just one chart. I think SFS a great challenge and we will all discover a couple of UFOs and charts in our stash that we want to stitch on immediately. Good luck with February.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful start Evalina! I love the red for this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant!!!! I have a friend who I grew up with. We were both madly into horses. She stayed with it, and sadly, I did not. But I think she would love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.