Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crazy challenge

Happy New Year everyone! This year again I'm taking part of the crazy January challenge where for 15 days (some more crazy stitchers do it for the whole month of January!) I do new starts from my stash and trying to stitch them through out the year. Today is day one and I started to stitch Snooty Parrots Sampler designed by Barbara Ana.

It wasn't a very good choice for a New Year day to stitch on 40 ct linen... you know - New Year celebrations with champagne, hard to see these fine lines...


I decided to stitch this piece with floss from Victorian Motto Shoppe (1 thread over 2) and so far I like it. I know it's just a few stitches there and you really have to use your imagination...

Can you guess what I will be stitching tomorrow? I can give you a little hint: it will be a piece from Little House Needlework.

So long my friends,
Evalina

7 comments:

  1. It's this time of the year when a lot of stitchers start the Crazy Challenge again. It's always interesting to see what they all choose for their starts. Your first start already looks very promising. For me it will be the first year without the Crazy Challenge but I will have my crazy Year of BAPs instead, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking at the needlework projects I want to do this coming year, two already on the go (one has been sitting neglected for a number of years now) and another new-to-me. Then there are the quilts that I want to do.... You're so very ambitious starting 15 new ones in as many days, can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new start Evalina. Your going to start Friendship.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start on the Snooty Parrots! I can imagine that stitching on 40 ct after a night of champagne would be difficult! Sounds like you had a great New Years!! I can't wait to see all the projects you will choose for the Challenge. I considered doing it but I have enough WIP's to work on!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snooty Parrots! I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aussi un beau debut Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will look beautiful! You have a great start, especially on 40 ct after New Year's Eve! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.