Sunday, May 5, 2013

My puppy is home!

It has been a long time since I went to Ontario. Well, I went there couple of years ago for a seminar but I do not count that visit. I was picked up at the airport, dropped off at the hotel, did not visit any friends or places. It was strictly business related. This time it was a whole different story. I went there to pick up a puppy! My Topaz (background picture) is 10 years old, she behaves very well and I thought that she could train the puppy.

Twenty years ago, after coming from the Bay Area, Toronto seemed a small city with small highways. It was dark and cold... This time I went there straight from Yukon and what a difference! The city seemed huge, the highways awful big, busy  and fast - for a moment I felt lost and a little overwhelmed... I rented a car right at the airport and my first stop was at Woodstock, next Huron Kennels in Goderich. And here she was, my little Frosty Girl ( in the background are mom and dad).

Theresa (Freddy's Mom) had fun with my little Frosty Girl.
Frosty Girl adopted Topaz's feeding dish without hesitation
found some wood to chew
 and the cat to play with (ZoomZoom wasn't a happy camper or a playful mate)
 and the small patch of snow
Frosty Girl absolutely loves that snow, too bad that it will be gone in a day or two...

I am amazed how quickly she learns, she is only nine weeks old. After a day of playing and training she is house broken, doesn't jump on the couch and people. I am so proud of her!

Frosty Girl and Topaz are Kuvaszok, click here if you would like to know more about this wonderful breed. 

During flights and while waiting for connecting flights I was able to finish May ornament by Prairie Schooler and start on another one! Here is the progress:
So long my friends,
Evalina

23 comments:

  1. Frosty little girl is just adorable!!! I wish you many happy years with her. May cross stitch looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frosty Girl looks like lots of fun! Hope you have many wonderful years with her.

    Your May ornament looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is to cute! Love her name:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frosty Girl is so adorable! Cute name too. I like the stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frosty Girl is an adorably large 9 week old puppy. She is a cutie. Congrats on finishing the May Prairie Schooler monthly. I didn't know you were also working on these.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little new dog! I'll have to look for her when I'm at Marsh Lake. I was there today visiting DD # 3 and her boyfriend. And helping her do some mending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous - congrats on the new family member!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely addition to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Topaz appears so dignified; I can see her guiding a rambunctious little girl through the niceties of dogdom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, Frosty Girl is so pretty. What a fabulous addition for Topaz. We just added a second toy poodle, Henry. He and Mabel get along well too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with with Topaz and Frosty Girl. But, I've never heard of this breed of dog. I look it up, though.

    Your ornament is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frosty Girl is adorable! I'm going to follow your link to learn more about her breed. How is Topaz handling having the puppy?

    Funny that after the long, cold winter you've had with all your snow, you're ready for spring and Frosty Girl want snow, lol.

    Love the PS ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I have never heard of this breed! They look like curly Goldens. I am enthralled to see them to say the least and it looks like you have a darling puppy! I am just amazed. I am doing a google search now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frosty Girl is just gorgeous.
    Love the Ornie,so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your. Frosty Girl is adorable! Love your cross stitch project:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. FG has such a sweet face. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww Frosty Girl is adorable. :)

    Love your stitching. Can't wait to see what you stitch up next.

    Blessing always dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet fur baby! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful dog! I have never heard of this breed before. Lovely stitiching too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is adorable Evalina!! I could just squeeze her!! Those are some great photos too. The PS stitch is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwwwwww she is adorable and wow a rather large wee furbaby ...lol ... blimmey she is very quick to learn isn't she ... her and Master Bentley ought to do a blog post together hahahah
    great stitching as always :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable happy new puppy you have! Your PS May bird looks great! I stitched that one last year, too. It looks like your next start will be the March design with the lion and lamb. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on a great finish! I love how stitchers can make such beautiful projects on the go :) I am looking forward to seeing the next ornament all done too.

    --shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.