Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Eve food - dish # 2

Today I'm sharing with you my favorite recipe of all times. I love herrings and I'm making this dish not only for Christmas Eve but on many occasions during the year. It is so simple, all you need is a jar of pickled herrings, sour cream, red onion and a dash of sugar.

Slice onion very fine (or chop it very fine) and mix in the bowl with sour cream and a dash of sugar. You can add a couple of tablespoons of white dry wine if you like. Add herrings to the mixture, decorate, grab a glass of champagne (another favorite of mine) and bon appetite!

So long my friends,
Evalina

4 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks really good, enjoy some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you posted about this, I found it in a case at the grocery store and had some tonight! I'm sure it's better homemade, but I loved it, and wouldn't have even thought to try it without your blog! I love your writing, and all your entries are interesting, but I figured that I had to tell you how awesome your food recommendation was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.