Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I wish that this Christmas Eve will bring for you gifts of happiness, good health & joy !

May your holiday season be awesome as a Winter Wonderland!

Merry Christmas !

Jo at Serendipitous Stitching has an Advent Calendar and I am door #24. Thank you for the privilege! All doors are very important in the calendar but the #24 is the last one. We've made it! It's Christmas!


The night before Christmas...the most magical time of the year. Time when animals talk in human voice (right on midnight) and people have power to influence the whole next year. When I was a little girl my mom always made sure that I was a "good" girl. According to the old saying: "As goes Christmas Eve, goes the year".  So just to make sure I will have enough stitching time I will stitch today, to make sure I will have enough study time I will study (just an hour or two), and I will put a very nice makeup and do my hair early in the morning so I look good the whole next year. I will not do any unnecessary housework (why bother, it's a waste of very precious stitching time!).

I'm not superstitious at all, am I?

Merry Christmas my friends!
Evalina

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to being the winner for Christmas eve. I love your sentiment for Christmas eve and think I will start following your lead. My wish for the new year is to have enough time for everything. May seem futile, but all to often I dont allocate my time right.....like spending too much time on the Internet or playing games. For today, I hope to have enough time for all I want to do.

    Merry Christmas to you and to all a bit of stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Here's to a very stitchy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, not superstitious one bit, lol!!

    Merry Christmas to you Evalina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous piece for the 24th December. Wishing you a happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting such a beautiful and appropriate picture for our final day.
    I love your superstition too. It's a really good way to focus the mind on next year.
    Today I have blogged, stitched, cuddled my boys, seen my parents, kissed my husband and I'm trying to get both boys in bed by a reasonable time. Not a bad way to live next year!
    Oh yes, and I saw a friend and ordered some fabric! See, there was no unnecessary housework in my day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I hadn't heard of that tradition - I didn't get any stitching done yesterday - does that mean I am doomed to not stitch this year? lol!

    Merry Christmas, Hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas and a merry stitchy new year to you too :) did some stitching last night so I am set ;) and I also was wearing my best clothes instead of my comfy's and I even managed to sit with my girls and watch a film too sooo all good all round :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture for the 24th! That is a lovely tradition. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.