Sunday, March 13, 2016

Happy dance!




As of last Thursday Madonna Dolorosa is all done and I'm doing happy dance. To tell you the truth, I have no idea why I'm dancing and why I'm happy. I'm very proud of every finished piece, I feel that I have accomplished something beautiful but on the other hand I also feel a little empty...

Below is my lovely Madonna ready for framing. I stitched her on 18 ct Aida with DMC floss.




I'm not Irish but I do love Irish prayers and I love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day... maybe I was Irish in past life? Well, this March I decided to finish something from my UFO pile. Here is An Irish Prayer by Homespun Samplar.
It looks like I purchased this chart in November of 2012 and started stitching on November 3 and for some unknown reason I stopped on  November 19, 2012 . This is where I left it off:

 I picked up this piece last Thursday right after finishing Madonna (to kill that feeling of emptiness) and I have made a nice progress. Look! I'm half way done! Maybe, just maybe I can have this prayer done by the end of March. I'm stitching on 36 count Smokey White Edinburgh Linen with Carrie's Creation hand-dyed floss in Peacock. It is a gorgeous floss but unfortunately isn't colorfast... In the picture below the colors are more true than in the pic above. So here I am as of today
 


So long my friends,
Evalina

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on the stunning finish Evalina. She is beautiful. Awesome progress on your UFO.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Madonna.

    Is that variegated floss on the Irish prayer? I'm about 25% Irish and my mother and uncle were both born on St. Patrick's Day (not twins, 3 years apart) so my Irish grandmother was thrilled. Erin go bragh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madonna is beautiful! Very nice! This little Irish blessing seems a little harsher than a lot of them. LOL Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an accomplishment. Your Madonna is beautiful. Very serene and peaceful and maybe that is why you are so happy with it. It gives a feeling of well being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous! I'm happy dancing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Madonna is beautiful! I would be dancing too. I feel the same way about St. Patrick's Day. We will be off to have corned beef and cabbage with friends! I love the Irish Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Great progress on your UFO. I love the thread and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look awesome! I love the peacock thread with the white fabric. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madonna is SO beautiful! Love the new piece as well - thanks for the chuckle. Beautiful floss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. La madonne est magnifique ,belle avancé de la nouvelle broderie bonne journée Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done , beautiful stitching , she looks wonderful.
    So funny but I also feel sad when I put in the last stitch .
    I always make sure I have started others .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madonna is beautiful. I think the color of the peacock is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning finish!!! Congrats, Madonna is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Madonna is beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the finish and you should be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrat in your finish. I hade the same feeling by finishing a peace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Madonna is beautiful! Congrats on your finish and happy dance. Looks forward to seeing your progress on the Irish Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness!!! Such a beautiful finish, no it's stunning!
    Big smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Madonna is simply beautiful, such a serene and peaceful face. Well done on completing her. The Irish blessing is a fun design and I love the thread you chose to stitch it with. Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Madonna is striking - Great finish - beautiful picture. Love your Irish Poem. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cudny haft!! Wcale się żabce nie dziwię, że tańczy , też bym tańczyła ! :)) Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Madonna is gorgeous, such a lovely expression on her face. It is always bitter sweet when we finish a larger piece.
    I love the Irish Blessing, that's my idea of subversive stitching; beautiful and humerous at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on finishing "Madonna". She is beautiful! I understand the empty kind of feeling. You always stitch beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.