Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WIPocalypse!

This time I'm right on time for the WIPocalypse. It is a night with a full moon and I have a finish!  An Irish Prayer is ready for the framer:



 I had some difficulties with deciding what to stitch next, so many projects were calling my name. I think the loudest was Guardian Angel. After all he has been waiting since 2011. Yep, I started this lovely project in January 2011 and I stitched on and off, you know - a little bit here and there... Last time I laid my eyes on it it looked like this:


Now, since I'm stitching only one project at a time it was a major decision to be stuck to same piece for a long time. The whole thing is on 18 pages and I have done 3 of them - I have a long way to go... If I can commit to 400 stitches a day I could be done before Christmas...

So long my friends,
Evalina

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Love the thread used.
    Guardian Angel looks pretty already. Sticking to one project is a great idea. You will finish it soon with this plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your lovely (though cheeky!) finish. I think one at a time is the only way to finish these huge projects in a lifetime. What you have stitched looks lovely so far. We are all here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the prayer, great job on finishing it =)
    Guardian Angel is a stunning design and it will be amazing once it's finished =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as though you have another "masterpiece" in the making...Godspeed...
    I shared your Irish prayer with others on St. Patrick's Day and they got
    great kick out of it....Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm basically a OAAT stitcher, but for really large projects like HAED's I call each page a project. Otherwise, I tend to lose my stitching mojo and nothing gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the beautiful finish Evalina. I'm looking forward to watching your progress on
    Guardian Angel.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Irish Blessing is great, it really makes me smile. I like Cathy's idea of alternating the larger project each time you complete a page. Maybe do a small inbetween? It does look like a wonderful design and we will enjoy seeing it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Irish prayer is funny, and the border is really pretty too. The angel looks like a major undertaking! I agree with others, give yourself a break after each page finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Irish Prayer is wonderful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your lovely finish! I love it! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Irish Prayer, that really made me smile! I'll be wishing you steady progress on your HAED, it is a wonderful chart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the Irish prayer - how funny! Who is the designer, please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irish Blessing is very nice! And lots of luck with stitching one at a time. I keep trying to at least get myself down to 6 at a time, but we'll see how that goes :) I'm sure your progress is going to be *amazing*, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your HAED, but you only grid one row at a time? Hmmm. May try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.