Sunday, January 10, 2016

30-day minimalism challenge - day 9: Don’t buy anything for 24 hours

Break through an unhealthy cycle of emotional spending by going on a one-day shopping fast. Don’t buy anything, not even food or essentials, for 24 hours (make sure you prep in advance). Then see how you feel!
This is so easy - I do not shop everyday anyway!



My biggest problem is that I have to many WIPs and can't resist new starts. I'm pretty good this year. I have finished Double Delight and was working peacefully on   Divine Grace until... a friend send me a chart... Madonna Dolorosa was on my wish list for a long time. She looks so beautiful and since I'm still waiting for release of  'A Stitch in Time' (ASiT) and then it will take a while to kit the project up - I decided to quickly start stitching Madonna and, who knows, maybe I can finish her before I'm ready for ASiT.

So I found a little piece of fabric (nothing fancy, just 14 ct Aida that was laying around for ages), DMC what was left over from other projects, bought couple skeins of DMC and voilà, here is my new start  (started January 6th)




So long my friends,
Evalina

9 comments:

  1. Pretty start and nice progress already Evalina.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece, Evalina.... so calming...hope
    it works that way for you in working it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Evalina, I hope you manage to finish her before your SAL starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very sweet stitch..I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start and the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Une très belle grille et beau début Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.